August 23, 2010

while we wait

I thought perhaps I'd put a photo of my "happy face" (courtesy of Lindsey Steffes, photographer extraordinaire), as a reminder that I need to stay positive as I wait and wait for the flight info. :)

Visas are held up in the Abu Dhabi Immigration Offices, not because of any bad things, but I imagine simply because it's Ramadan, and the pace of life has slowed, and meeting the supposed 'needs' of impatient Americans is probably not their top priority. So, it looks like the last folks will be getting to the UAE in early September, and that includes me.

And so, I'm going to keep this Hoxeyville smile on my face for another week or so.

2 comments:

Ali B. said...

Great photo! Sorry to hear it is going to have to be September... but, gives you more time to enjoy this lovely summer we're having!

Melly Schu said...

LOL - Love the "Hoxeyville" smile - guess that's what we are ALL doing...because otherwise we'll lose it! :)