August 9, 2010

the weirdness of done


This going-away-thing subtly exposes realities, like true friends and homeplaces. What I'll miss, who will miss me, how ideas of time differ from person to person... My time, this time, our little bit of time.

People's priorities in part reveal their heart; what matters most, what can wait for later, what memories are made. I am thankful for this going-away-thing; thankful for kindred spirit friends who make time, thankful for the many homeplaces we've found along our summerway.

2 comments:

Mom said...

And we're thank for you and this special time together before you leave. We are thankful we have you and Nate and great families and friends! Love you!

Stacey said...

I cannot even begin to imagine how much I am going to miss you. I am at times fearful as I have already felt the sadness of your impending move. It is not like last summer and the bike trip adventure.... Even then I knew I'd see you soon. Yes we have skype and all the facebook chatter, but nothing compares to just sitting next to each other and sharing our giggles, gossips and life's grander scheme of things. It is a mixed bag of feelings as I am happy, proud, afraid, and just downright scared. You have been a light in my life and have shown me that I can have friends, true friends that love me just the way that I am. I find comfort in knowing that others, in a world so different from our own, will soon be touched by you radiant light...and what's better than receiving such a light? Sharing that same light with others. I love you Erin and I know that this newest adventure will only add to the many qualities you possess. Shine on my friend, shine on.