June 7, 2009

weekend synopsis

Staff party at Tom's was delightful, sitting on his deck overlooking Torch, chatting with good people. Got down to GR around 10:30... Bonfire in the backyard with Nate and Lindsey, followed by the best sleep I've had in a long time ;).

Ventured to Lansing and met Nate's amazing cousin Laura. And picked up this rather nice road bike, which I'm thinking I like... Let me know if you've ridden a Bianchi Veloce before and what you thought about it.

Headed to K-zoo and visited with mis padres (Dad injured a fingernail while helping us repair a flat tire), and then met Lindsey (and Juddy Buddy!) at Bell's to hear some Greensky Bluegrass. I slowly transitioned to eating food on this day in order to be able to drink a couple of Bell's brews (normally you "ease-out" of the cleanse in a 3-day process, which I condensed into one day).

Then this morning, we had a lovely visit with Lindsey's sister and her hubby. Once back in GR, Nate and I treated ourselves to some Indian "cuisine" (hee hee, buffet). And now I am home again. Need to hit up the store for some veggies and fruit, then FINALLY do report cards.


Ben Harper - By My Side
Found at bee mp3 search engine





1 comment:

Mom said...

Good to see you Erin and nice to meet Nate. He seems very nice indeed. The bike looks good! Hope it will work out for you. Glad you had such a nice weekend! And good luck as you do report cards and get ready for the last two days of school! And then your trip to the music fest! Then on to preparing for the big bike trek across the country! June is going to be very, very busy for you! :)