June 10, 2009

boring but not bored

My creative juices are not flowing tonight. Today has been fantastic. Blasting music while driving with windows down and two bikes on the roof, with the sun shining in FINALLY. It actually felt like a summer day, and vacation is suddenly a reality. I stopped off in Grand Rapids to see Nate and pick up the mixed tape he made me... I know, I know, I'm a bit behind on the times with a tape deck in my car. Anyhow, I'm enjoying listening to the tunes because he used songs from his vinyl collection.

I arrived safely, and Mom and I went to Walgreens (got a great clearance deal on Burt's Bees lotion and shampoo) then to a Thai place for an early dinner, then on to Meijers for my Bonnaroo shopping trip... I got tons of fabulously healthy and tasty options. When we got back, we prepared to ride. I convinced my mom to join me for the first part (she did last 15 minutes!), and then I continued on for a rolling ride along lovely countryside. I felt good. My legs are still strong... I always wonder how that happens when I know I'm not the most in-shape. Leg muscles won't be giving me troubles on our journey this summer, thankfully.

And now, I really need to shower, I really need to organize food for the trip, and I really need to get some sleep in preparation for Curt's arrival at 5-ish. He had to work tonight so we won't get down to TN until 2 or 3 tomorrow afternoon. I just hope I sleep well so I can drive while he sleeps!

Happy Bonnaroo, friends! You may not see another post until the 16th... Hopefully with some fun photos from the festival.

1 comment:

Ali B. said...

Burts! I love the stuff.. especially the lip balm & there is a great lotion and another balm.. ok, I'm bad with names! :)