February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

On this day, I thought it would be appropriate to share a political cartoon with you...I think if you click on it, you should be able to see a bigger version? If not, click here.

On a personal note, I'm anxious about the long evening ahead, as poll results come in!

And now, for an amusing political tale... Last night I had decided, in my pre-primary excitement, that I would partake in the campaign calls for Obama. So, I logged into the website and retrieved a list of Colorado voters. My first call was to a gal named Heidi. A gruff man (who I'm imagining may have been her father?) answered, I asked for Heidi, and he asked who was calling. So, I read my little call script, identifying myself as a supporter of Obama. The gruff man then said something close to the following: "Listen here, Erin, you make sure you take me off your list and don't ever call again, or I will go out of my way to be sure that I do everything in my power to vote against you and your people." Needless to say, my first call became my last.

3 comments:

Ali B. said...

Whoa Erin! I didn't know you had such a rough evening!!! Way to go on "attempting" to do you part! Can you imagine the life of a telemarketer??

Anonymous said...

"You and your people"!????? What the heck did he mean by that?!!! Don't blame you for ending your calling there! That man must be one angry person! Bitter old soul! :) I got a couple nasty replies when I helped make phone calls for the 2006 elections - not a pleasant experience! but better over the phone than in person! Good for you for trying though!

Glen R said...

Ouch! Politics can be pretty harsh, people who are set in their ways will never change their mind and will always voice an opinion. However you do have a shot at swaying some fence sitters. Don't let the grumpasaurus keep you down, you never know what the next calls may yield. :)