June 18, 2008

shivering in june

Temps in the 50's, gray skies, and an incredible urge to cuddle up with my cats on the couch while drinking a hot cup of tea. This weather is certainly contributing to my hermiting tendencies of summer, almost to the point where I feel like a shut-in. Thank goodness for necessary obligations outside of the house.

Luckily tomorrow will be warm again, and we should see 70's from there on out. Last weekend I was in Kalamazoo, and my parents had the air conditioning on for the first part of my visit. I was cracking up, because I long for warmth and hate the a.c.. We have central air at our house too, but we rarely turn it on (usually only when my mom's here!). I'm an open-windows kind of girl, even on the days where the breeze barely blows. Another reason why today's coldness aggravates me. I also like exercising better in the heat, dripping sweat like a flood. Come on, summer, come back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't give to shiver in June!

Ali B. said...

Brrr.... I actually wore a hooded wool sweater with my down vest today!