April 1, 2008

Khushi

Khushi is what I experience when I fry up a delicious piece of nan (naan?) in a pool of olive oil... to accompany a spicy meal of tofu tikki masala. I suspect this may be the beginning of yet another slightly odd addiction. Indian food calls to me. While in Kalamazoo for the weekend, I was hitting up the thrift stores with my old pal Krissy, when suddenly I swerved into the parking lot of a store called World of Spice. It was the epitome of an Indian grocer, and I was ecstatic-- buying up different pastes and a 20-pack of nan! 20 pieces for $4.99, compared to Glen's 2 for $2.68? As much as I like shopping locally, I think shopping authentically foreign beats local in this case!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I'll have to go in the store and check it out when I'm out that way next time - after going to the second hand store to check out that sweater! :)

Glen R said...

Khushi? The middle eastern response to Sushi?

BTW, sorry for overcharging you for that stuff all this time. It's just that it's only you and maybe three other people in that town partake in nan, it's almost a special order! :)