April 21, 2008

eruptions and memories



First, this delightful photo of my zucchini plant seedlings as they push the seed off... quite fascinating, like they are wearing small hats. When they first break forth from the soil, "erupting" is the only way to describe it.












And then, before I lose the memories, I must document them.
My cousin Jenny got married on the 12th in southern Illinois, and our side of the family had a HILARIOUS time (I don't think I've laughed that hysterically, again and again, in a while). So, forgive the insider snippets; this part is mostly for those who were there...

*Early arrival to rehearsal dinner (napkin collapse)
*Prayer meeting of the eyes (Dad, me, and Mike)
*Ride to reception set-up (BRIDGE!)
*Piano/vent fiasco
*Amy's blood trail (see above!)
*The Kenefsky party room
*"Helping" Sayrah with her speech :)
*Horatio Hornblower
*3X Cappuccino
*Mike's assignment as videographer
*Early departure from church-- caught at the liquor store and asked to return for photos!
*Late (by 7 min.) arrival for reception (Dad, me, Uncle Neal, Bryce)-- during the first dance!
*XTerra runs during dry reception
*Missing the cake-cutting
*Uncle Neal chatting up Ms. Mary
*Sarah's cheering section
*Amy, me, & Nealio in the XTerra; Dad & Bryce outside... Catering truck approaching, Bryce's run to safety, Dad's visible "what to do" hesitation in the window and race to join Bryce
*Ryan w/his flask... nearly caught by the photographer
*Joshua's shocking comment
*Reception clean-up: almost as crisp and fast-moving as "I think I'm gonna like it here" from Annie
*Party central in the Kenefsky room (present: Uncle Don, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Neal, Mom, Dad, Amy, Granny (teresa), Pat, Sarah, Mike, Bryce, Ryan, Josh, and me)
*The Viewing (of the photos/video): Amy's commentary (nan's manly look, etc.), Best Man's speech ("all... grown up"), and many other "moments" causing extreme laughter!
*Breakfast at LuBob's


And so, I am overjoyed by the sheer glee our family experiences together... yet, I can't help but wonder if that means we are a bit disturbed (and disturbing!)?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "seedlings" look nice and healthy! Always amazing at how they sprout up!

Ali B. said...

I love the little seedling hats too! I still have one wearing a hat :) I like your disturbing family stories... glad you share them!

Anonymous said...

A fun time at the Super 8 in Greenville, Illinois! With a fun family!!!

Jen Karberg said...

Very cool that your family still has sooo much fun - that's what they're for I think :) Oh and congrats to your cousin on her wedding!