October 17, 2013

Hugeness at 36 weeks pregnant :)

On Saturday I will be at 37 weeks, but I wanted to share the 36 weeks photo, as I am enormous.  I will add more to this posting later when I have time.  For now, I'll just say that I feel like baby is ready to fall right out of me.  Extreme heaviness super low down and endless Braxton Hicks.  But other than those things, I am feeling good!

I'm back, and it's now Wednesday, the 23rd.  In 3 days I will hit 38 weeks pregnant!

We had a great appointment with the midwives at our house last Sunday.  Talked a bunch, measured out pool-sink distance, and looks like the pool can go in our bedroom!  And baby is indeed head-down (more like 'head-stuck'!) and very low.  Back is on my right belly side and oftentimes that side of my uterus rises up super high and looks super weird!

This week I am attempting to get most of my classwork done, so that I won't need to worry about projects/papers once baby is here.  I'll still have readings to do and then of course the final exams, but it will feel good to have everything else out of the way.  IF I manage to get productive enough!  I've been feeling really worn out a lot in the mornings, and my belly 'fullness' is just so uncomfortable.  It's hard to sit and do work, even if I'm using the exercise ball.

My Bilbo cat has been cuddlier with Nate, which is an excellent thing.  However, he's also been a bit needier with me, doing odd things like putting his feet up on my back/shoulders from behind me and other such antics.  I do love that little cat baby.  He sits on my belly so often that I am hoping baby is getting to know his purrs!  ;)

We stocked up on some Trader Joe's goodies to have on hand... Super turkey bacon, Indian veggie burgers (not soy-based!), toilet paper, and dark chocolate.  :)  The bacon and Indian burgers will be handy to have when we are overwhelmed by new-baby-ness and just want something quick and tasty to eat.

I can't remember if I mentioned having my last shower.  My mom did an awesome job-- it was a lovely time with family and family friends!  Nate and I are truly soooo very lucky to have such amazing people in our lives.  And little baby will be lucky too!

We've got some name choices narrowed down.  But feel free to comment with suggestions... Just remember we're looking for an earthier, not-too-common, but not too hippie dippy kind of name.  We've got lots of girl options, but only 3 boy options.

With Braxton Hicks happening all the time, I am curious if I'll even know if I'm in the early first stage of labor!  But I suppose if I don't, that's a-okay too.  

No comments: