April 18, 2011

to do or not to do

to do: run, bicycle, do push-ups, do crunches, write the beginnings of a story, research bilingual education (dual immersion?), write new cover letter, do more laundry, do dishes, fill the goodwill bin, write Alena a letter (yes, by hand)

It is so easy to think of the many things waiting to engage my brain and body. I'm not even imagining my school 'to-do' list, because that stuff will 'get done' at school. However, these household 'to-dos' will not get done. Why? Because I find zero motivation after waking up to a snow-covered car. I feel no purposeful energy after coming home from a half-day training that covered everything that was already covered in the previous training. I lack any sort of drive to accomplish things when all I want to do is snuggle up under a blanket and find a relatively empty contentment... as in an EMPTY mind. I get tired of the daily racing-mind frustrations and today I opt for the opposite extreme, which sounds soooo incredibly lazy. Yet, on this COLD mid-April day, I am quite okay with my choice to do absolutely *nothing*. I'll get to my to-do list... tomorrow.

p.s. It helps to have a kitty and a hubby feeling the exact same way. The extent of our workout today will be the creation of a thai curry dinner (with some needy meowing thrown in by the feline friend).

3 comments:

Mom said...

I like it! Feeling the same way around here! Snow is gone but it is still cold and dreary. It has just been a good day to stay in - even took a short nap on the futon bed! :)
And a good night to stay in and cuddle up snug and relax! Enjoy!
The "to do" things can wait - they will always be there!!! P.S. I love that pic!

Ali B. said...

mmmm sounds like a perfectly scrumptious snowy-April meal. :) I just shared some chick peas with Willow. I wanted to lack motivation, but I was lured out to a VERY CHILLY bike ride... only because it looks like riding outside will NOT be happening during the upcoming winter storm. grr :) Stay warm!!!

Anonymous said...

I understand completely... it might be the long winter... or the B.S. surrounding schools in Michigan... or just the general malaise after winter...soon the sun will shine and we all will bike ride again and life will be good