August 30, 2009

catching up

So I most certainly neglected this blog during the last bits of our biking journey... And, I don't feel much like recapping at the moment, so it will have to wait. Also, I lost my camera battery charger at some point, so there are many photos awaiting upload. Perhaps once I get a new battery, I will also be "recharged" and ready to share the splendid stories of the journey's end!

But for now, let's consider this a quick catch-up. Catching you up to the crazy newness in my life!

A little over a week ago, Nate got word about a job in Cadillac as piano accompanist for the high school choir classes (they have 5!). So, he did a couple of phone interviews with the director (who had seen him play keyboards before during gigs with UV Hippo etc.). We didn't really expect him to get the job, since he wasn't in Michigan to actually play the piano for her... But he got it! So instead of just me, we both flew back Thursday, and here we are.

Of course there is much to be done... Finding a place where we can have Nate's dog Django, then moving there, getting my classroom ready, going through the TONS of boxes that have sat in my spare room all summer, and oodles more. Tonight has been the first burst of productivity. We are filling up boxes to take to Goodwill (and KAIR, kalkaska's local thrift store). Nate's going to continue with that project tomorrow while I spend HOURS at school getting ready for the school year. I am already anticipating the numerous worried looks I'll get with people saying, "Are you really going to be ready?" Rather aggravating, because of course I'll be ready. And I actually work better under a tight time constraint.

This fall definitely promises to be a busy one. I am excited, though, because for the first time in a long time I actually feel good about the changes coming.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Of course you will be ready for school to start! I have no doubts!
And I will help you those few days I'm there in any way I can! And it's great to hear you sound so happy and excited! :) Life is full of changes and I'm glad good ones are coming into your life! Love you!