November 21, 2008

predictions


I am always quite skeptical when the rest of the teachers are gleefully exclaiming about the possibilities of a snow day the following day. Tonight, however, at a bit after midnight, I am feeling more confident than usual. Being the practical forecaster, I must cite wunderground's traverse city/williamsburg forecast which expects 6+ inches of snow during the night tonight. Surely Kalkaska will end up with more, being in the snowbelt?? So, I am hesitantly optimistic. I even ventured to the Kal-Ho tonight with Rachel, which is not my typical school night activity.
Based on past experiences, though, the above letter and photo might apply tomorrow morning. I will let you know how things work out.
morning update: WE HAVE SCHOOL--ACK!

2 comments:

Jen Karberg said...

Sorry bout your luck! Living in Houghton for 6 years, I've forgotten what a snow day feels like! here though, on the 'tucket, they at least delay work if theres 3-6 inches of snow - I say, bring it on but only a few days this winter :)

By the way - loved your facebook pics of Kal-Ho (what a fantastic name!!)

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! And rude awakening!
So much for that hopeful predicting!
Ahhhh.............I remember the days - well, nights! - going to bed with that "hope" on your mind - waking up early and listening to the radio and hoping for a phone call! Oh well - there's always next time! Have a good weekend! :)