November 18, 2008

cold nights, warm kitty

Welcome, winter! I envy my kitty cats and their amazing ability to warm up instantly. Sometimes I feel guilty that we keep our house so cold-- I'll touch Lucy's ears and they feel like ice-- but then I totally use the cats as heaters, pulling them under the blankets with me to toast my body... a live fur blanket.

So I walked to school today; it just takes about 10 minutes or less, and I've decided I like the feel of crisp winter air. I'm not sure that I will be so hardy when the winds kick up... but at least for these early winter days, I can save gas, get exercise, and let fresh air energize me first thing each day. I know that I should be walking *every* day, but this fall was a blur. Too much to do, late sleep-ins due to illness or busy nights, and a frantic need to get to school asap. Now it's like it's almost pointless to start the car early to warm it up, clear the snow off if I've parked outside, and then drive... takes almost as long as just walking!

I think I shall heat some water for raspberry tea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh.........warm, snuggly pets! I love when Cos sleeps with me in the winter! :) There was an article in the paper tonight about a couple keeping their house cooler and using their two dogs as "blankets" when sitting around! Wise choice!

Anonymous said...

NICE layout! Your blog looks great! :-) My wiener dogs love sitting by the wood stove this time of year. It is so cute.

Ali B. said...

A 1 cat night for me. I also love his purring song. :) ..and not so much love the claws in my flesh. yeeouch!