June 20, 2008

summer nerd

The next four weeks I will be spending Mon-Thurs doing a "retreat" at Ferris State University for the Crossroads Writing Project. I am excited about this because it will surely help me grow as an educator, and on top of that, I actually get paid for it! As I still pay off my undergraduate debt, and after paying for graduate courses, it feels darn good to have someone pay ME to be a part of higher education.
Here are some details about it, for any of you oddly interested in my achievements. :)

The Crossroads Writing Project's mission is to promote exemplary instruction of writing by empowering teachers as writers, researchers and leaders.

Summer Institute

An intensive 16-day summer institute program where teachers demonstrate and share their best writing instructional strategies, practice being writers, and develop individual research projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really neat! Should be a great experience AND nice to get paid for it! Teaching is the only profession I know of where you have to continue to pay out of your own pocket after getting a degree to meet the requirements of the State. And yet teachers are the lowest paid after getting a college degree! Sad.
Sure shows where our leaders' priorities are doesn't it! Anyhow enjoy the experience! :)