January 14, 2008

up north

Today I stayed late at school to get a lot of work completed, because for some reason, I was motivated. This does not always happen, especially at the end of the school day. Another thing that was a *tiny* bit out of the ordinary was that I was quite cheerful throughout the day, even at moments of sheer exasperation.

And, oddly enough, I truly think that my positive attitude was due to the winter wonderland we could view through the windows. The snow never stopped falling, and I still haven't grown tired of watching it fall. It's that fabulous sticky snow that coats the tree branches and piles high on the bushes. And it must be great packing snow, because I witnessed two enormous snowballs being rolled by a mass of children out at recess. I love that they willingly push snow around for twenty minutes without getting bored!

I even stepped outside upon my arrival home. I let Cosmo out and followed with my camera-- no coat, but I didn't even feel chilled.

3 comments:

Ali B. said...

I'm so jealous that you have your camera for snowy picture taking! The trees along 131 were absolutely coated with snow from top to bottom on my drive home! I kept thinking about the great photos I would get once at home... but, NO CAMERA for me! :( I was happy today as well, I do belive our "snow globe" world had something to do with it! SO BEAUTIFUL today!

Anonymous said...

We may be joining you with a tiny winter wonderland...wintry mix coming tonight! It's sad that I have to settle for that to delight my snow buds. I can live vicariously through your photos! I liked Ali's comment "snow globe" world...weirdly, I often think I'd like to live in a snow globe.

Anonymous said...

Another great picture with all the snow! And you can see the snow coming down - I love it! And Cos out enjoying it! I agree - the snow has been beautiful and when it is coming down it truly does look like a "snow globe" world! And it does put one in a great mood. Just so pretty and peaceful. So many people don't like snow and winter - I LOVE it! And it is so neat to see children out playing in the snow - the sheer delight in it!