January 20, 2008

c-cold as ice

Martin Luther King Jr Day
Mostly cloudy. Scattered snow showers until midday...then snow showers in the afternoon. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Highs around 15. Southwest winds around 10 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 9 below to 19 below zero until midday.

I'm hoping you'll recognize the title of this entry as a line from Paula Abdul's "Coldhearted". (actually, if you did recognize that, you may be as pathetic as I am for thinking of it.)

So, I am imagining we will have school tomorrow, despite those incredibly bitter wind chills... and I trust the forecast, because I stole it from my ever-reliable favorite, www.wunderground.com The guy who began the website once guest-lectured at a weather class I was forced to take in college; his lecture actually kept me interested. Anyhow, it's always up-to-speed, and it gives the viewer an hour by hour preview-- like what to expect at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4 a.m., etc. Hmm... I used to make fun of my father for watching the Weather Channel so frequently ("local on the 'dar," he'd shout as the local forecast minute approached), but really, am I much better?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! You are as bad as your dad! Though you at least "watch" the weather on your computer! We are watching it on TV - - have decided we older people do watch the weather channel more frequently than you younger ones! :) Sign of "older age" - NOT old age! Brrrrr ...........
it's been cold! Snowy but nothing like what you've been getting! Lucky you! :)