February 8, 2009

winter's spring

36 degrees, sunny, melting slosh such a welcomed sight... Winter's spring fever for a second day. Last night we walked the streets of Bellaire with just sweaters on, grateful for the warm air that wasn't really warm. Ali said our bodies must have adapted for the bitter cold, so that our scale of warmth perception has shifted. We were only outside for one minute between the car and Shorts', but how lovely to not have to sprint through the sharp slivers of icy air.

2 comments:

Ali B. said...

I took a walk with my mom this evening... no socks! It was fabulous... however, the river IS still frozen... frozen river! Now that's RARE!

Anonymous said...

Erin - my body has totally adapted. I remember when 20 degrees was, like, super duper cold. Now, 20 degrees is, like, super duper warm. ;-) Seriously, though, I'm definitely much more acclimated to the cold than I was a month ago.