October 27, 2008

swollen face

So, I went to school today knowing that the right side of my face was still a bit swollen... It had started in the jaw (even though Larry told me he couldn't see any swelling-- it's quite clear in the photo of us), and it started to spread to my cheek and upper neck. Kelly kept telling me it was looking worse and encouraged me to go to urgent care this afternoon. Jill swooped in to sub for me, and I have now begun my course of antibiotics for a facial infection! Weird. ;) I head back to school in about 45 min. to go to our staff meeting. What an odd day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell in the picture. Very weird. Glad you went to the doctor. Never heard of that kind of infection. But good that you are on antibiotics. Nice when you have such nice people to work with also! :)

Ali B. said...

So glad you got checked out Erin! I'll have to keep an eye on mine... odd that I've been having some side-facial issues too??? By the way, it was a blizzard when I drove home this evening at 7:45! Yipes!

Anonymous said...

What were people smoking at that NKYOTB concert? Seriously. I went to Pearl Jam 10 years ago and the next morning half of my face was bloated. I just figured it was from some sort of contact high. I'm glad you are okay!

Anonymous said...

I thought you looked different in the picture of you and Larry. I figured it was the camera angle. Glad you have good coworkers to help out so you could get to the doctor. Get well!

Erin said...

bernadette-- ha ha ha, NKOTB was pretty tame and almost pathetic, so no close contact with anything sketchy there. ;)

aunt nancy-- yeah, I worried that I was just getting a bit chubby in the face! thankfully that wasn't the case. ;)

Anonymous said...

So you're fine, now? That's kind of funky. Did you take a picture?

Ok, I will admit this, but only once, then you have to delete it from your blog so no one else knows. ;-) (j/k), but I was a HUGE Joe fan. Yeah. I said it. ;-)