August 25, 2008

three of a kind...

...not! I couldn't believe it when I turned around and caught these 3 hanging out together a few weeks ago; this is a very rare occurrence. And it's nuts that they actually stayed put while I ran for my camera.

I think my cats keep me sane. Or, maybe that's not the best way to put it (considering that being a crazy cat lady is probably not viewed as the sanest way of life). I guess I mean that they help me keep things in perspective. I woke up the other morning laying on my stomach, and Lucy was asleep on my back-- so, I started the day with a smile, because who wouldn't smile knowing they had a cat on their back?

5 comments:

Ali B. said...

So, in other words... Lucy had your back?

G & I believe Willow knows my schedule. He knows that a chill is in the air = time for Ali to get back to work. He's been chewing on me earlier and earlier lately! :)

Erin said...

My allergies have been waking me up at 6:30 every morning-- incredibly irritating to awaken so early on our last days of sleeping in!

Does Willow stop when you swat him away? Lucy will come back up repeatedly to chew my hair any time I knock her off the pillow.

Ali B. said...

Oh, he comes back, like a snooze alarm! I swat him and get about 5 more minutes before the next hair chewing or toe nibbling attack. I try to be really still.. doesn't work. He waits for my pulse. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pic! It is rather amazing they were all on it together! Crazy!
Cute how Lucy was on your back as you slept - how it could not make you smile! :) Cats - very interesting creatures indeed!

Anonymous said...

I think animals really do have a sense of time and definitely know when things are changing! Dogs and cats alike. Being awakened by a pet rather than the alarm is a much nicer way to greet the day!