May 22, 2008

kennedy cuisine

Tonight has been one extreme cooking session... and believe it or not, the only experimental chef in the kitchen was none other than myself. Bryce and I have been South Beach-ing it, with the desire to lose a few+ pounds. My school has a "Slash the Fat" thing, so all the teachers are eating healthy, and now Kelly and Becky are doing the South Beach diet as well. SO, my days of endless cheating (eating birthday cupcakes, baked goodies from the lounge, etc.) are over. The competition is on. Anyhow, my first dish tonight was not an Erin original; I made spinach-egg-cheese quiche cups, which are simply delightful for breakfast... and they look GOOD (phew). Then, I welcomed the challenge of cooking dinner using South Beach-friendly ingredients. So, for my entree, please imagine the following: zucchini sliced (faux lasagna noodles), ricotta cheese, shredded cheese, tomato slices, diced onion, diced mushroom, basil, oregano all layered in a dish, now baking in the oven at 350. I'll let you know how it turns out.

5/24 The zucchini lasagna dish was gone SO fast, that I completely forgot to take a photo and give you the taste tester results... It was a complete success! Bryce raved about it, which made me feel like quite the chef. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "lasagna" dish sounded delish and I shall be trying it in the future!
Congrats to "Chef Erin"!!And also to both of you for eating healthy South Beach and shedding a few pounds!