September 14, 2013

32 weeks pregnant... huge, happy, sneezy, uncomfortable, excited, etc.

I'll get my 32 week photo up here soon, but for now let's look at a jealous Bilbo cat instead...  That's a fabulous organic Baby K'tan carrier (not done up properly, fyi) I'm using.  I'd wondered if the size small would work, and I think it will definitely do the trick if it can manage a kitty boy.  :)

If you are a stranger (or friend, or even foe, I suppose), feel free to leave a comment on my blog entries.  I just finished my obsessive blog search "33 weeks pregnant blog" (I like to look at the week I'm coming up to), and I was thinking how I should really leave comments on the entries I so enjoy.

The last two nights I've woken up probably around 2 a.m. and not been able to go back to sleep for 2+ hours due to sneezing and nose-blowing.  Darn ragweed.  It's turning into my favorite season, and I can't fully enjoy it because I don't dare venture outside for too long.  I only just started feeling like I have a normal nose, and it's already 4 p.m. the following day!  Hopefully this ragweed season comes to an end soon.  It's tough adding that to an already rough night's sleep.

My walks to class have brought on Braxton Hicks like crazy.  I just try to grin and bear it and say, "It's great; my body's preparing for what's to come".  It's not painful, per se, just extremely uncomfortable.

Our weekends through October 6th have suddenly filled up with fun stuff.  We have our first baby shower tomorrow-- with Nate's extended family!  Then the next weekend I'm having a more traditional one thrown by a good friend and my sis-in-law, and that night we're having a hopefully huge house party to celebrate one of our last "pre-baby" days with friends.  It's funny to think back to last summer/fall, when we seemed to have friends over frequently for porch beers or late-night games.  I obviously was not pregnant then, and Nate was only taking a couple of classes, so we loved hosting impromptu gatherings.

I can't even express how relieved/lucky I feel that we're able to do this baby adventure during a time when I'm just taking classes (that aren't terribly tricky) and Nate is also just taking classes.  It means we are home way more than we'd be in any other situation.  And my classes are always night classes (and I'm actually going to try for an online one in the spring term), so I can sleep in and rest whenever needed.  And we've always been super frugal with money (splurging only on healthy groceries, for the most part, and going out to eat at local yummy places... oh yeah, and also things like a homebirth midwife, Bradley classes, and placenta encapsulation), so that won't be an issue.

It's kind of funny how I've never really been a big baby fan (and neither has Nate really), and quite honestly, I don't really even know if you could call me one now.  But it's so amazing how consuming it all becomes... I mean, I hardly ever think of much else, like an obsessed woman.  The cool thing is that a couple of friends of ours just had their first/only baby, and I imagine they are a bit like us, not the type to go baby crazy over other babies but excited and fascinated by their own.  I do wonder, though, if I'll start being more 'into' others' kiddos once I go through it myself, you know?  I have definitely had moments the past 8 months when I've thought back to how I reacted to friends' pregnancies... and I wish I had reached out more, asked more questions, been more interested in what was going on with them, etc.  But I think it's something that you just can't connect to without something similar to relate it to.

I've now gotten into the 'hungrier' part of pregnancy, perhaps because it feels like baby shifted down a bit, freeing up my stomach.  Whatever the reason, I can eat more in one go, and I am craving the unhealthier things (and usually not giving in).  The one thing I could eat and eat is crushed ice, so that's not terrible.  I think I'm going to be a big frozen drink fan once baby's out (think: margaritas, etc.).  But the other things I keep wanting are chocolate cake with sweet icing, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls.  And I don't even normally like chocolate cake!

And now I must stop this endless update.  RAMBLING is my new talent.


No comments: