September 8, 2008

exhausted


No, the cat is not dead. It is simply *exhausted*, and it was the 2nd image to appear in my google image search for "exhausted"... and I thought it was appropriate, considering I am a crazy cat lady, my mother just thought that Ali had posted a photo of a dead Willow cat (not the case), and I am simply EXHAUSTED.

Allergies are on the attack, much later this year than usual. So, in addition to beginning the 2nd week of the school year (with a rather *lively* group of 1st graders), I am combating my itchy eyes, stuffy/runny nose (it goes back and forth), and scratchy/itchy throat. Itchy eyes mean that I forgo the contacts, so my glasses give me that greasy Christmas morning feeling (you know, when you're in your pajamas all day and don't shower). Stuffy/runny nose means my face is red and blotchy from rubbing (you know, when it somehow feels good to push down on your sinuses), and scratchy/itchy throat means I get impatient quickly (you know, when a drink of water doesn't offer relief and you have 22 kids demanding your attention).

The start of the school year (combined with election time) always overwhelms me with the onset of a busy schedule, much in the same way that summer's empty schedule overwhelms me at first. Any working person can relate, probably even non-working people, but let me do the quick list anyhow because it will help settle my mind... mentor meeting, mentee meetings, P-Bit refresher, Action Wednesdays, Saturday canvassing, Roman House Party, Obama House Party, Polish Fundraiser, Debate watching plans, DIBELS, switch times, KEA committee & Exec board, Curriculum Development Committee, entering voter data, and MORE lurking around the corner.

I need to remember how much I love staying active-- I am much happier when I am busy and using my time productively. I think perhaps I will up my allergy meds to perk me up! The other thing I need to remember is that the election stuff will be over in November, and that's the stuff that overtakes my thoughts on a regular basis. Just a healthy display of the OCD part of my brain! ;) It could be worse. Hehehe.

So, if another week or two pass without a new post, please take pity on me... and don't give up hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for you with the allergies going crazy - makes one feel SO miserable and tired. Doesn't help that you are SO busy! Try to get plenty of rest at least. AND hope for that first frost! Hang in there! LOVE the picture of the exhausted kittie! So cute.

Ali B. said...

love that photo! Ok, we need to make a plan to get active... immediately!