November 17, 2007

pavlova, anyone?


A New Zealand tradition... yum-yum! It's been years since Bryce has made one; perhaps he'll do a Christmas one.

Today is a dark beautiful day. The sky has been so impressive, with massive winter clouds and deep colors. Ali and I delivered lasagnas and a care basket to a friend whose dad died this week... Kelly teaches first grade with me (started this year), and I've been so thankful for having her around-- I can be completely "myself" with her, and she makes me laugh and feel happy. So, I want to do whatever I can during this hard time. Anyhow, she wasn't home when we dropped the things off, but I'll see her tomorrow at the Viewing. I just keep thinking of her and her family, and I hope they are doing okay.

By the way, I am now Vice President of the Kalkaska Education Association, which is our district's branch of the teachers' union. Should be interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is time to make another pavlova! Next time you two come here I shall make one! Yummmmm...........